Congratulations to the Boards long time friend - Ford Hallam

Read earlier today and wanted to congratulate FORD HALLAM

He has taken a 'Tokusho', or Special Prize at the annual NBSK Craftsmen's Awards. He has won the Sakaki-cho Kyoikuinkai Kyoiku-Cho Sho (The Head of the Sakaki Village (Nagano Pref.) Department of Education's Award.

Well earned I am sure and more recognition of his superb work. :clap: :clap:

My Dear Ford,

I am not one for " NEW ANYTHING ", ... but feel modernistic copies or original works by modern artists tend to belittle those that came before and indeed for the uninitiated may pose a threat as to what artifact is genuine and which is replica. In your case I am happy to say .... NO ONE can emulate in todays world and VERY FEW in times past the Artistic Merit nor the Technical Skill you exhibit. Were I a younger and wealthier man, .... I would offer you a commission instantly. We can only hope that you have many more years of production ahead in the future. I wish to join the others on the NMB to congratulate you for your on going achievements in being one of the finest Tsubashi to have ever lived.

... Ron Watson

Congratulations to an artisan. I don't know how you do it...BUT...it really gets me every time.

Even non-nihonto people appreciate what you do.

Mmmmm

I wonder if your ever increasing success make my F.H. fittings appreciate in value ????

OOOOhhh :-)

post-2722-14196910177352_thumb.jpg

post-2722-14196910184184_thumb.jpg

post-2722-14196910193027_thumb.jpg

post-2722-14196910199243_thumb.jpg

post-2722-1419691020433_thumb.jpg

Thanks very much,Gents, for all the kind and generous comments. :D

Although my family and I left Cape Town at the end of march I've only been back in England myself for 4 days. I've been in America teaching again. I'll take me a week to get the new studio up and running and I'm itching to get back to work now. I have a few pieces in the works that may appeal. You'll be among the first the see them.

If you'd like to ensure you don't miss anything you can add your email address to my mailing list. You'll find handy form on the contact page of my website.

Thanks again to all

Ford

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..