Tibetan eBay scammers at it again

Gentlemen, those nefarious Tibetans are at it again. They have several swords on EBay using pictures from one of your websites. Starting bid of 46.99 and 120.00 shipping they are using the name ensulato 20126 .Their feedback is for beads,rings,etc. Thought you might like to know.

Best wishes, Roger Williams

Sure the first is stolen from Ohmura-san site , but the other guntos where are they from?

Its clear to se that they are fakes ,but to me it looks like some of the best fakes.

Where are they to buy? Dont think the scammer has them.

I actually have a feeling that they have stolen the rest of the pics from other websites..in this case ironically using pics of Chinese akes from somewhere, and not even knowing any better. Unlikely you will receive anything. They are criminals, not going to be sending you the goods.

Brian

What's interesting is that they have Paypal as payment method. So probably they would claim the delivery takes longer and hope that some unsuspecting victim doesn't open a case before Paypal releases the funds to their bank account. But this doesn't seem to justify the effort ( it would work only now and then).

Or (most likely) they will mail some bs item worth maximum 10$ and refund the item cost (minus shipping) when the victim complains, but gain some 70$ or so per item due to that huge shipping cost listed on the auction page.

Shipping :

because customs Does not allow express mail shipped sharp weapon , so I can only provide the hong kong Post SAL (surface Air Lifted) shipped service, is about 30 days to arrive. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Normal Delivery time : 30 WORKING DAYS.

If you don't receive your goods within 30 days, you can contact us immediately so as to resolve with you together.

please don't bididng if you can not waiting

I bid on one last night,the saya and mounts looked that good,the rayskin polished one,with the blade even looking o.k for display,3 holes in the nakago, then it hit me Tibet,then another one.

The best part were the naked oil paintings further down, to take your mind off the huge mistake you were just about to make.

Withdrew my bid,reluctantly at first, until common sense kicked in,i outbid someone,so it felt a bit better not being the only fool.

My mind said"what if it's real,the colour, condition "

What a scam.

Best regards. Ian bellis

I missed the shipping blurb, Stephen.

If they are shipping from Hong Kong, I wonder if the items are here(if there are any items)?

It's unlikely they'd ship them from Tibet to HK then onto wherever it maybe, though that would explain the $120 shipping fees.

As for their statement, "because customs Does not allow express mail shipped sharp weapon , so I can only provide the hong kong Post SAL (surface Air Lifted) shipped service, is about 30 days to arrive." - that's nonsense.

I've shipped plenty of sharp weapons internationally using regular airmail and there are no problems. I shipped a naginata to Canada recently and it took eight days.

Perhaps they are in Tibet where international shipping is restricted, therefore using HK as a hub. It seems we are a magnet for that as large shipments of new ivory have been found coming through our ports and into mainland China.

It could be possible to contact the relevant gov authorities over here...ha ha ha...just kidding...

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if our Chief Executive got 5% for every fake sold...

What on earth makes anyone think they are actually going to dispatch anything?

They have stolen the pics of a researcher, and listed them for sale. So clearly they are expecting payment and will not be sending the swords. So they are already criminals, conmen and fraudsters. So why are we debating whether or not they are going to send the fake swords or not? :doubt:

They have probably hacked an account and are using it to list fake stuff.

Brian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

More of it.

This time, with carefully fabricated feedback. But I don't even need to check the swords, the pics are obviously from Ohmura san.

Too late to save someone from getting conned here. But then again, if they actually believe they are getting that sword with that tassel for a low price, maybe they deserve it. :evil:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLLECTABLE-RAR ... 1c3f3f5e1d

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..