polish results

Mark

Members

I had posted pictures of a tanto some time back asking for help with the inscription. Check out the pictures at

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17182

Around that time Kunitaro san had has posted offering restoration services see

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17115&p=150969&hilit=polish+restoration#p150969

So I gave his service a try with my tanto. I sent it in November 2013 and it just arrived back (very good turn around time). The results are amazing. I am very happy with the quality of the work. The lines are crisp, the temper is vivid and clear, the hada, although being shinshinto and very tight, is visible and brought out nicely. You will note the tip had been damaged, you would never know that now, it looks "perfect" the blade was reshaped properly. The polisher also carefully removed the red rust from the nakago so now it looks as it should. I took a couple of quick pictures. The shirasaya and tsunagi fit well. Thank you Kunitaro san and your craftsmen

I am not very good with the camera and these are quickly taken as I am just back from Tampa

post-102-14196897167515_thumb.jpg

post-102-14196897170181_thumb.jpg

post-102-14196897173318_thumb.jpg

post-102-14196897178556_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..