My experience with Darcy Brockbank, Ted T., Curran C. and co

What can I say? First class service, first class items and now first class friends.

Others I would like to mention, Oyabun Stephen, Bungo Milt, Tsuruta san, Markus Sesko, of course Craig, Satcho, Larry K., Ginza Choshuya, Fine Sword, Tetsugendo (Mike and Cyrus), Robert Hughes, Grey D. ....

Hi Everyone,

Curran is a great guy to buy from in my experience. If I ever win the lottery I would like buy a Juyo level Nihonto from Darcy as I have heard goods things about him. Ted T. is a very knowledgeable in Nihonto. I recommend visiting a NBTHK-AB lecture he is doing if you get a chance.

Hi

I've ordered quite a few books from Grey Doffin over the last few months

I great guy

I received my last order yesterday. It was packed in a foam strip/blanket within a hardcover envelope - WOW

Within this order was a catalogue for the museum that has the tsuba I'm working on

I mentioned that I was giving this to the museum as they didn't have a copy so he put it in at no charge

Grev UK

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I want to emphasize that Paul Martin also belongs on this list.

I’ve been studying Japanese swords for years, meanwhile saving money to upgrade my modest collection and finally I wanted to buy a real eye catcher in Japan. But… the seller didn’t know any English and my knowledge of Japanese is limited to hai and iie :(

But luckily there was Paul. I contacted him and he arranged everything in a perfect way! He contacted the seller, discussed a fair price and took care of the whole shipping and handling. Meanwhile he kept me informed of every detail in the process.

Without Paul’s help I never would have acquired this sword!

Paul V

• 2 weeks later...

The clouds are high above, the ocean wet, and Ed a good individual to deal with.

I take it for granted that such things are known.

I didn't realize Ed wasn't in the list of names, but I've been guilty of forgetting he is technically a 'dealer' with a legal business entity. It never feels like business with him.

I bought a much needed set of menuki off him years ago and am still praying to find another set like it.

I've long enjoyed dealing with him. Had a nice conversation with him in Tampa this year and hope to get up to where he lives and visit him some day.

• 4 weeks later...

Feel the love!

Ted has also become a first class sword photographer.

Over the past two or three years I've been training him in my techniques and style, and laid out V2.0 of the photo rig which he then built and has been working with. The latest photographic work on my site has been a collaboration between us. The results I've been able to get on my site as a result at this point have in almost all ways exceeded anything I've done solo before this point and it is still improving. Soon it will eclipse all of my previous best work.

At this point I am about ready to give him a character from my name and let him sign on his own. It will eventually go down in the books that the nidai surpassed the shodai. I can tell you though it sure is nice to be able to just tap and point with the little hammer while someone else swings the big hammer.

He's also a good friend and has the highest level of integrity, which is the most important thing that anyone can achieve.

At this point I am about ready to give him a character from my name and let him sign on his own. It will eventually go down in the books that the nidai surpassed the shodai.

:lol:

Love it. My experiences with Ted are the same as yours.

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..