Help with blade please.

AikiScott1

I hope you are all doing well, and I was wondering about this sword I have had for a while now. I have attached a link below to pictures. I think the mei says yamashiro kami fujiwara toshinaga, but I am not 100% certain about this. What I also wanted to know is, is this sword worth getting polished? Is it gimei? What is the likely time period? Thank you all and have a great day.---Scott M.

http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/Aikis ... sort=3&o=1

Looks like yamashiro no kami fujiwara toshinaga. Looks interesting but I couldn't find such a listing in Hawley. I may have the toshi wrong. Poorly drilled hole in the tang. May or may not be ubu. Certainly worth getting more photos up on the NMB along with measurements.

Hi Scott,

nice blade you have there. The nakago looks okay could be ubu (or not :) ), the second mekugi-ana is looking a bit "sloppy".

Is it worth getting polished? :dunno: Mmh... the blade is not heavily damaged, it looks like the hamon goes down the whole sword...

If you have the cash and you´re willing to spend some, go for it!

Just my 2 cent.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..