The Fuchi/Kashira Orphanage

• 2 weeks later...

As per the menuki thread below, this is for people to post their orphaned fuchi or kashira to see if there is a match out there somewhere.

Whilst a plain buffalo horn kashira can be used with an orphaned fuchi, it is nice to find a match sometimes.

I do strongly suggest people take pics next to a ruler or give dimensions, as this makes a match much easier. People may also post their ishizuki, kojiri or kurigata if they are a matching set looking for a partner. Good, clear pics please. And would be nice to hear if anyone does find a match and concludes a deal to know if this endeavour is of any use.

Brian

I'll go first, below's a Hamano or Nara shibuichi kashira with Jujurin and deer. Wakizashi or tanto sized. It would be nice to reunite or find a matching fuchi to complete the set, along with the Kozuka that came with it.

Regards,

Lance

post-2802-14196891458662_thumb.jpg

post-2802-14196891460835_thumb.jpg

post-2802-14196891461292_thumb.jpg

Thanks Brian! Great thread :beer:

I would love to find a partner (fuchi) for this lovely katana sized Higo kashira. If anyone sees a suitable mate please let me know, I'm willing to offer a reward to the "matchmaker" ;)

post-1647-14196891756737_thumb.jpg

post-1647-14196891757985_thumb.jpg

Regards

Edit: Apologies for lack of ruler/exact measurements but this size is for daito mount.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

this is an Fuchi made out of iron which i just recently did acquire me...

mine hope was it had fitted to one project me actually have,unfortunately but-it´s not fitting/suiting 100%

measurements is L:37 mm B:22 mm H:13 mm/wall 1mm

would part for Dito i paid/also would buy an suiting Kashira in case such is available(?)....

so maybe one of you does have one for sale?/or,contrary/is interested in an purchase of this one here....

PM...

Christian

post-2022-14196900464099_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...