Anthony J. Bryant passed away.

kusunokimasahige

It is with very deep sadness that I have to inform all of you about the passing of my friend Anthony Bryant (1961-2013),

who was a great author (for Osprey among others), Japanese History buff and a great and kind person.

He wrote much about the Samurai and was the proprietor of the very interesting

Nihon Katchû Seisakuben armor pages (http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/).

He had been ill for a short time and we all thought he was getting better.

Sadly the Gods work in mysterious ways.

I wish his family, friends, students and fellow SCA members much strength in the coming time.

He will be sorely missed.

post-109-14196890668237_thumb.jpg

This is terrible news. He was born in the year I started work as a 17 year old. For such a talented man to pass so early at age 53 one can only think the Gods got it wrong!! It spurs me to think that in the unknown time I have left I must strive harder to achieve something worthwhile. Tony's energy and ability left a legacy that few can hope to emulate. My sincerest and deepest condolences to his family, colleagues and friends.

Rest in Peace Tony.

Barry Thomas.

Wow! That sure is a bummer.

I fought beside him in a battle at Gulf Wars. We both had on our pretty samurai rigs. We spent every 'hold', talking swords.

I got up with him later that night, and we talked swords most of the night. Seemed like a great guy. He was very helpful, and free with his vast knowledge, of all things Japan.

Sad new.

Mark

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..