Buying Tsuba form Aoi-Art

Hi Guys,

Just a question or two, about Aoi-Art and the purchase of Tsuba. Can anyone please advise in regards to your dealings with this seller.

(1) using your Credit card, filling out these details on the Aoi-Art shop order form. Only then to show up later on your general email account with address / name / credit card personal details etc. Has this happened to any other NMB members.

(2) When buying a Tsuba @ say 55,000 JPY then using exchange converter to say $590.00 AUD approx. Can anyone tell me please, does Aoi-Art also charge / tack on any extra costing like EMS postage and hidden charges for using my Credit card when buying the Tsuba @ 55,000JPY. Which of course makes the total amount much greater. Also has anyone else found a long winded time for the funds to be taken out of your account.

I hope I have expressed clearly what I am asking, as I am not as young as I use to be and find international transactions daunting these days. :?

Thank you for any help given.

Best Regards,

Mark.

Hi john ,

Thank you for your replay. I was going to use my Paypal account. But as most Japanese sellers, they want you to pay the Paypal fee's etc.

This is the first time I have used Aoi-Art for buying Tsuba. Unfortunately, I find the emails very vague form Aoi-Art. Its like there is more than one person dealing with your questions. This is why I have turned to NMB for assistance.

Cheer's,

Mark.

Hello Wah,

Thank you for getting back. When I bought the tsuba on the 15th Nov, I had a rough idea of the costing which would be taken out of my account :? . I have taken into account the daily exchange rate change etc up & down. But $100.00 AUD extra. Not sure ?

I have sent another email to Aoi-Art asking to break down the costing for me. I guess if the seller waits until now to take out funds, I get hit a much higher exchange rate against me as the AUD has fallen again.

P.S. Wah, did you get a cash register receipt in your parcel for using your credit card ? Using my Credit card overseas is only 2% charge from my bank.

Cheer's,

Mark.

Tsuruta san is easy to deal with. I have used a credit card without problem. The price listed includes shipping and insurance. He is available by Skype for a conversation if necessary.

Hello Barry,

Thank you for your input. this has cleared up the postage and insurance for me . Barry, I have not used Skype, form the old school. I have sent email to Tsuruta san, yes... he seems easy to deal with.

Cheer's,

Mark.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..