Need your opinion

Lsne

Hello,

I come to you for your general opinion on armor, I'm going to see in

http://www.galeriedutta.ch/fr/arts-anci ... scat/1/258

she is beautiful in excellent condition, the signature are in very good condition, this is a very rare armor.

The only thing that bothers me that I can not seem to know if the price itself is correct or not

I contacted the Japanese antique and it is shared fairly, some have said, this is a good price and another told me that it was very expensive

I still shared because I really love this armor and I see very well for me

you file a joint description of the armor

the price of the armor is 200,000 -. CHF

I thank you in advance for your help

Lsne

Edit Admin - Document removed by request of owner

PS: sorry for the spelling should I translated with google translation

Hello, & welcome to the forum. Please sign each of your posts with your first name, per Brian's rules.

Exactly what question are you asking? Is the yoroi (armor) real? Yes. Should you pay CHF 200,000 ($220,458) for the armor? I guess that depends on how wealthy you are & how badly you want it. Otherwise, please explain what you are asking.

Ken

Hello, & welcome to the forum. Please sign each of your posts with your first name, per Brian's rules.

Exactly what question are you asking? Is the yoroi (armor) real? Yes. Should you pay CHF 200,000 ($220,458) for the armor? I guess that depends on how wealthy you are & how badly you want it. Otherwise, please explain what you are asking.

Ken

Hello thank you for your reply, Yes it is a true armor

infact my question is simple, I just wanted your opinion on this armor and if this price is justified

Monday I'm an expert expertise price but I'm falling on my web forum more than once I wanted your opinion

Thank you in advance

LSNE

Henry, good C-3PO replicas go for 20.000 US$ these days.

About the armor, I think that Ian Bottomley would have a good opinion on this piece.

I know Myochin is sought after and highly collectible. Whether or not one should pay the price of several or one great car for it I am uncertain about. However, it is museum stuff what we see here, so probably not a bad investment.

KM

Alex,

High end stuff, far out of reach for the most serious armor collectors (including me :cry: )

Well, can't tell from the pics if the kabuto (only hachi) is actually Nambokucho but shape suggests this.

About the do; there is only one Munesuke listed in the Meikan. Period is matching with the description. What else to say? If you like the set and you have some money left over ;)

Regards

Uwe

Hi guys,

Thank you for your answers.

About the armor, I think that Ian Bottomley would have a good opinion on this piece.

I know Myochin is sought after and highly collectible. Whether or not one should pay the price of several or one great car for it I am uncertain about. However, it is museum stuff what we see here, so probably not a bad investment.

KM

Yes I think it is really good, I'm going to see, I stayed at 3am so it is beautiful

While we must pay the price, it does not scare me but I would put the right price

Hi,

I know well this shop. Prices are very high (too high).

Yes, I have a friend who bought a sword Tokubetsu Juyo Token has 148'000 - CHF in this store..

he was very pleased, but he told me he paid 28'000.- CHF more than the real price because he made ​​a mistake, he bought it and found after ...

on the tack, I've asked a specialty of their opinions without necessarily see the armor and it's always the same answer

beautiful armor, but it is too expensive

some told me to go to Japan bought these kind of armor as the price it would be better

for example: he sold the armor museum Taiwan 298,000 - CHF.

http://www.galeriedutta.ch/en/Japanese- ... /scat/3/23

armor I'd bought did not ca certification and I have a problem although the store is very serious and it is known to be serious

Well, can't tell from the pics if the kabuto (only hachi) is actually Nambokucho but shape suggests this.

About the do; there is only one Munesuke listed in the Meikan. Period is matching with the description. What else to say? If you like the set and you have some money left over ;)

Regards

Uwe

Hello uwe,

armor is made by the same person except the "hachi", which come from the same school, but not the same person

The problem for me, I am very familiar with swords, I collect swords

- Juyo token (I have 3 swords)

- Tokubetsu Juyo Token (I have 5 swords)

I'd photo story for this forum is a gold mine.

but the problem in armor I do not know much, I read a lot of books but it does not make me an expert Me

every store I have contacted me give you the same answer: you can find more rare and less expensive, suddenly it is not an objective opinion

At the same time I take to ask you if you know the store and if they are serious?

- http://www.choshuya.co.jp/

- http://www.nihonto.com/11.3.11.html

thank you again

a good day

Alex

Alex

I haven't read all of this thread but if you are asking for a reference for Nihonto.com then I can tell you that I have bought several swords from Fred over the years (and sold some to him as well) One of the best dealers (and a really decent person) involved in the subject. Totally dependable and honest and always willing to help.

Regards

Paul

Alex, You are asking the impossible. Such objects have no price - their value however is a different matter and depends upon such things as:

Its quality - which is high.

Its rarity - there are not many armours of this quality available to buy.

Its condition - which looks good.

The number of people who want to own the armour and what they are prepared to pay.

We cannot say buy it or do not buy it - that is your decision.

Ian Bottomley

Without a doubt, Ginza Choshuya is a premier retailer, handling only mostly very high end items. They are at the top of the food chain when it comes to dealers. You will find top quality there, albeit at top prices.

EDITED: To appease local pedant.

Japanese dealers know very well what is happening in the us auction houses, So forget it to find exeptional armor in Japan for prices from 10 year ago. About his armor: 1) do you realy like it?

2) are you sure the mei are correct? 3) don't you have to sell the house, wife and kds to buy it?

If 3 times yes...

Hello everyone,

I had the Mr. Store this afternoon on the phone.

I ask him if I really wanted a formal certification, he answered me that it was possible but the problem is that a certified Japan times we may have trouble out of the tack Japan

I have an appointment with him running in the afternoon tomorrow, I'll give you pictures to have your opinion on the signature and details on the tack

it bothers me, I find it really stunning but I'm not on price

Alex, You are asking the impossible. Such objects have no price - their value however is a different matter and depends upon such things as:

Its quality - which is high.

Its rarity - there are not many armours of this quality available to buy.

Its condition - which looks good.

The number of people who want to own the armour and what they are prepared to pay.

We cannot say buy it or do not buy it - that is your decision.

Ian Bottomley

Hello, Exactly the problem I do not know how much people are willing to put in the armor because I just notice owner

Japanese dealers know very well what is happening in the us auction houses, So forget it to find exeptional armor in Japan for prices from 10 year ago. About his armor: 1) do you realy like it?

2) are you sure the mei are correct? 3) don't you have to sell the house, wife and kds to buy it?

If 3 times yes...

Hello,

all is oki but I would like an opinion or a price range of people who know the subject, an opinion which may say, yes it is the price, or an opinion that can tell me this is not the price

he told me that in Japan to find these kind of armor that they could be found only in a museum and it is very difficult to find locally ... yet he did he bought in Japan

cordially

Alex

Hi,

I visited Ginza Choshuya that summer, they have items of different categories and not only high end ones.

Hello,

I wrote 2 email Ginza but I have not even had a single answer ... incredible

cordially

Alex

Ginza Choshuya is a two floors store.

Ground floor, street window display, generally an armour. Small entrance, change your shoes for slippers. Right in front of you the staircase and under it generally a daisho. Bypass it and you enter a small room with 5 windows displays, above average swords on display, none under the M¥. First floor, left wall dedicated to kodogu, a small visitor room in which there are two display windows with very good swords. Under one, a very big drawer where they keep more ordinary swords. It is in this room that the manager receives the visitors and offers tea; it is there that I had the opportunity to have tea, last time I visit them. I was looking for yamato sword and he shows me what he had in stock in this drawer, the most expensive was around the million¥. Second floor, high end sword, from Rai to Kunihiro....

The best items are shown in the monthly magazine, there are items from 500 K¥ to several M¥.

I would propose to you that if you have that kind of money to spend, and are looking for armour of that significance out of Japan...there are people on this forum who can introduce you to work of that level.

Most of it will never be on sale online..it trades in private among people who move in the same circles.

I am sure you will get a pm or 2 offering assistance.

Brian

Ginza Choshuya is a two floors store.

Ground floor, street window display, generally an armour. Small entrance, change your shoes for slippers. Right in front of you the staircase and under it generally a daisho. Bypass it and you enter a small room with 5 windows displays, above average swords on display, none under the M¥. First floor, left wall dedicated to kodogu, a small visitor room in which there are two display windows with very good swords. Under one, a very big drawer where they keep more ordinary swords. It is in this room that the manager receives the visitors and offers tea; it is there that I had the opportunity to have tea, last time I visit them. I was looking for yamato sword and he shows me what he had in stock in this drawer, the most expensive was around the million¥. Second floor, high end sword, from Rai to Kunihiro....

The best items are shown in the monthly magazine, there are items from 500 K¥ to several M¥.

Hello Jean,

thank you for this story, it gives really want to go there.

thank you again

I would propose to you that if you have that kind of money to spend, and are looking for armour of that significance out of Japan...there are people on this forum who can introduce you to work of that level.

Most of it will never be on sale online..it trades in private among people who move in the same circles.

I am sure you will get a pm or 2 offering assistance.

Brian

Brian,

I hope to find serious people it is hard to find but I think I'm in the right place

Alex

Hello, I come to you for your general opinion on armor, the price of the armor is 200,000 -. CHF, I thank you in advance for your help Lsne

Before you go any further you may want to consult some of the other dealers of high end Japanese armor so you can compare their stock and prices, maybe they would be willing to give you an opinion privately on this armor, they would have a better idea as to its current market value than the average collector.

http://www.giuseppepiva.com/

http://www.winterjapaneseart.com/

http://www.yoroikabuto.com/

You cannot reason with people who are in love. :Drooling: :lol:

Take a cold shower. :|

If you think it is not worth the price they are asking, make them an offer and see what happens. :dunno:

Often in Japan, silence means "No". Have you bought from them before?

Hello thank you for your reply,

Yes I'm in love with the armor but I just want to know if this is a fair price or not

I never bought into this galerry but I have friends who Collectione the sword has already buy from them

My problem is not the price but whether this is all just the right price

Store the gentleman, he is very well it takes time to explain and explain you very well but I wanted to have an outside opinion

thank you again

Alex

So I will be the bad guy here.

Alex, I'm afraid you wont get the answer you want to hear. Not because we don't want, but we can't. Please go back to Ian's post and read it carefully. I think it describes the "dilemma" quite well :freak:

Cheers

Uwe

Im leaving an opinion here as I had a friend on here who requested I do so. First off, I believe the kabuto to be older, but its mis-identified as Nambokucho. In my opinion, dealers are welcome to ask whatever they want for an armor. That is THEIR business. It is the responsibility of the BUYER to figure out whether or not the dealer is trustworthy in their description of the armor or not. At these prices, it is a very serious game to play if you are not an expert. I find in general that the dealers of these armors are indeed not experts, just glorified retail salesmen. Some of the so-called "best" collections in the world are littered with fake and mis-identified pieces. To save money and embarrassment it is best to hire a reliable, qualified, expert to authenticate and properly describe an item. I do this service for several Japanese and international clients so they can feel their investment is solid and know what they are buying.

Best,

Andy