Roush

This has been a most interesting, if not sad topic of discussion.

I am wondering as to the total number of swords involved as well as the dollar value, of the bad ending to the investment with this subject.

Seems like this is an international involvement, on a scale that would bogle the mind, if put to paper on an accounting scale.

A great lesson of study, for those over extending the trust and reasoning factor.

How to ever retrieve money or swords lost, is a beyond concept.

Those involved need help, and a direction for a joint effort in mass.

For those from outside the US or even outside of California, it might be impossible to retrieve your swords. For those in California, I would suggest you band together and get in touch with the State Attorney General's Office. It's worth a try.

Regards,

Hoanh

Honestly, how many threads have there been about this guy?

Why would anyone use him that is familiar with this forum? there is plenty of info on why to avoid him in numerous threads. I would never need a polisher, yet even i know about this sad excuse for a polisher who leaves everyone high and dry and is a scammer.

Yet, always someone else come posting here with another story of work not done for years, no longer able to contact, or ruined sword, money paid and gone, etc,etc,etc,.

I feel bad for the people scammed and for any swords he polishes, but any due diligence by googling his name and polisher brings up a number of threads with problem after problem.

Chris

Actually these threads and issues weren't brought up and recorded until recently.. This time last year there was very little on the topic of Roush in writing and people were still in the dark.. The complaints now being brought up are from people who shipped off their swords to him time ago.

when i google "Eric Rouch sword polisher", the second search response is a thread from 2011 with a number of posts about his poor work, and the third search response is from 2004 and says beneath the link "Also I have dealt with Eric Roush twice and no longer do, that in itself should speak volumes."

2004 and 2011.

Chris

Dear Chris,

I do fully agree with you that a little due diligence goes a long way, and I am also quite sure that our friends have learned their lessons well and will not repeat the same mistake in the future, but, "should da, could da" won't help them get out of this mess. It's not clear if any recourse is possible, but constructive suggestions would be more welcomed than "you messed up, dudes!"

Regards,

Hoanh

If Roush can be proved to have absconded with swords worth more than around $300, it is a federal offense, & it then becomes an FBI case because of inter-state commerce. I'm not sure of the dollar amount in California, but it's not very high.

Wonder if Eric realizes that?

Ken

Interesting .

To the other Chris , helpful sugguestions only please as we all have been learned a tough lesson and rubbing ones face in it just makes me :steamed: . I have logged a case with the FBI Ic3 complaint system over three or more months ago and have heard nothing from any state side law enforcement authority , maybe there are just two many. :dunno:

Gary maybe you would care to visit Eric on my behalf since you have done so before . :dunno:

Sorry if I sound somewhat jaded , have appreciated very much the information and help form the great people on this forum. :bowdown:

Was just looking to move this forward.

Chris,

Nz

He still has two of my swords from almost two years ago.

I convinced him to send back one katana before he destroyed it and also owes me money for not doing work to it.

I did not find anything bad about Eric on the internet before I sent him my swords. I guess I didn't look hard enough.

But after a while of no responses from him, I found this message board and learned a lot about him and that I wasn't alone. :steamed:

I am going to talk to a lawyer in California this week, if there are enough of us fools out there, maybe we can get this thief.

I am sure in the end this will cost more than what my swords are worth, but I don't care anymore. :evil:

Frank R

I have logged a case with the FBI Ic3 complaint system over three or more months ago and have heard nothing from any state side law enforcement authority , maybe there are just two many. :dunno:

Nz

I was defrauded of an amount of 275 Euro once for a Kabuto. Filed a complaint, did not hear of it untill I read in the news that a large Romanian/Italian group had been arrested for Internet Fraud, then received an email thanking me for my help.

Money was never returned.

KM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..