Sayashi maker ?

Hello folks, how are you . Some of you know me and most do not . I have been swordsmith for some 30 years . As of lately I am having serious health problems and I probably need a liver transplant . I certainly am not looking for any sympathy but, I thought it would be wise to let you know my situation .

I have been unable to work because of my lack of energy and strength.

Several blades that I own need some work . I specificly need some one to carve a new shirasaya (plain)

for a Katana and a Tanto ,I can add the buffalo horn and related pieces later I hope?. I need someone who is fairly reasonable if that is still possible .I used to get a shirasaya for 300$ for katana but, even Fred Lohman

He now charges 550 $- 600 $ for a plain Katana shirasaya. I have been doing my own for years and I just didnt know prices were so much higher . When I was healthy I could carve a Tanto saya in 1 Day ! 400$ is a lot of money for 1 days work. I would prefer somone in U.S. if possible . Thank you gentleman for your time

I also want to say this site is without a doubt contains some of the most knowledgable sword and Nihonto experts I have ever seen. Please be safe and kind to one another life is so short .

Dome Arigato Gozai mashita .... James

Dear James,

I, too, wish you well. In the 12 months, I have had two daito shirasaya made by John Tirado, and each time I was charged $450. I don't if prices have gone up recently. I hope this info helps.

Regards,

Hoanh

Brian and Hoanh, Thank you so much for the kinds words, makes me feel so much better. Hoanh, I will google the sayashi up . Your help is much appreciated ........ James

PS Hoehn , do you have a current Email for john > the one he has listed returned my email as "failed " ?

thanks

James,

I just sent Bob Benson an email to get John Tirado's contact info for you. When I get a reply, I will post it for you. May take a couple of day as Bob seems to answer his email only once per day.

Regards,

Hoanh

James,

I just sent Bob Benson an email to get John Tirado's contact info for you. When I get a reply, I will post it for you. May take a couple of day as Bob seems to answer his email only once per day.

Regards,

Hoanh

Thank you Hoanh-san

I really appreciate it very much........ James

James,

It seems that I emailed Bob just at the time he answers his email - your lucky day. Here is the message I received from Bob.

Here it is ---------- 113 Renninger RD, Bechtellsville, PA 19505. He has new charges also so get them from him. Bob

email: john@sayashi.com

I hope the email is not the one that bounced back on you.

Regards,

Hoanh

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..