Yokoyama Sukesada

Lee Bray

I've been attempting to translate this for a chap on another forum but I failed on a couple of kanji.

I have the owners permission to post this pic and ask for a complete translation.

I managed to get Yokoyama Kozuke Daijo X X Sukesada.

Thanks for any help.

post-419-14196876049897_thumb.jpg

Hello,

it seems that at least the 6th gen. Sukesada signed in a similar way.

excerpt from Markus´s book:

Sukesada (祐定), 6th gen., Kanbun (寛文, 1661-1673), Bizen – „Bizen no Kuni Osafune-jū Yokoyama Kōzuke no Daijō Fujiwara Sukesada“ (備前国長船住横山上野大掾藤原祐定), „Bishū Osafune-jūnin Yokoyama Kōzuke no Daijō Fujiwara Sukesada“ (備州長船住 人横山上野大掾藤原祐定), „Bizen no Kuni Osafune-jū Yokoyama Hanbei Fujiwara Sukeasada“ (備前国長船住横山半兵衛藤原祐定), „Yokoyama Kōzuke no Daijō Fujiwara Sukesada – Bishū Osafune-jūnin“ (横山上野大掾藤原祐定・備州長船住人), „Yokoyama Kōzuke no Daijō Fujiwara Sukesada“ (横山上野大掾藤原祐定), civilian name „Yokoyama Hanbei“ (横山半兵衛), son of Shichibei Sukesada, he counted himself as 6th gen. Yosōzaemon Sukesada, he received honorary title „Kōzuke no Daijō“ on the eleventh day of the seventh month Kanbun four (1664), he died on the 29th day of the eleventh month Kyōhō six (享保, 1721) at the age of 89 yearen, together with his father he is considered as one of the shintō-period Sukesada smiths, narrow sugu-yakidashi, gunome-chōji-midare, kani-no-tsume, suguha, we know blades from Manji (万治, 1658-1661) to Shōtoku (正徳, 1711-1716)

edit: wrong excerpt

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..