New Sayagaki need translation assistance

seppuku

hi all I have a sayagaki recently done by Tanobe Sensei it's long. From what I was told he was impressed by the sword

Link for photo bucket

http://m637.photobucket.com/albums/sepp ... 0sayagaki/

There are 8 images total or 2 pages

The first 2 pics are for reference

Please PM me for more info or needed pics

The pics I took are all in order just can't get them all in 1

Thank you in advanced

Josh

Of course a donation will be made to NMB

This one was a really tricky one. Posting it piece by piece would have been a difficult translation, but all in one is too long, and getting the different pics to match.... :bang:

Oh well...let's see if this is workable. 2 parts... The second one will have to be opened as a link due to the length. Nice looking sayagaki!

Brian

1.jpg

2.jpg

栗原筑前守信秀、

(Kurihara Chikuzen-no-kami Nobuhide).

同工ハ元治元年乃至慶應参年ノ間ハ幕命ヲ受ケ兵器補給ノ役デ大坂デ駐鎚セリ、本作ハ第二次長州征伐ノ命ヲ受ケタ

渥美義章ガ将軍ノ親征ニ先立チ大坂ニ赴ヒタ際信秀ニ造ラシメタ者也、斯クノ如キ由緒ニ加ヘ地刃ハ同工ノ特色ヲ

顕現シ出来宜矣、長貮尺二寸七分余、

(This swordsmith made swords in Osaka for 3 years from Ganji period to Keio period, as a duty of arms supply by command from Tokugawa shogunate.

Before General Tokugawa comes to Osaka,when Atsumi Yoshiakira went campaigning to Osaka by the order of the second Cyoshu(Nagato provins) attack, Nobuhide made this sword by his order.

In addition like this history,Jiha (temper line and pattern of folding the steel) explicitly shows the characteristics of his works,good his work. Blade length 2-shaku 2-sun 7-bu. ).

惟時癸巳仲夏、探山邊道識 +kao.

(Date, A year of Mizunoto-mi(this year.2013),Midsummer(May). Wrote by Tanzan Hendo +kao. ).

Sorry poor my English.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..