Samurai art auctions sale in Baden-Baden, Saturday July 13

Julien Laureau - Online dealer

Head office : 20 Rue d'Austerlitz 67000 STRASBOURG

Registration number : 49256451300025

He had compulsory liquidation and multiples charges that led him in front of Court.

According to this website - last update Jan 18 2014 - http://www.societe.com/societe/laureau-julien-michel-492564513.html

Multiples items stolen including a Mumei Shinto katana, ubu, mokume hada, hamon chu-suguha... more details and pictures here : http://www.nihonantiquaire.com/detailProduit.php?id=415

Did some investigating. Think this is him. If someone is clever, they can win some items and ask to send a money order or cheque and get an address or contact details.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/germanauctions/ ... =12&_rdc=1

I think it's him too.

• 1 year later...

To All Concerned,

I have a major problem and I am requesting assistance from you all to help to resolve this.

I would like to report a stolen sword and file a complaint against Mr. J.C. Perrin, who owns a business called Rising Sun Art (http://www.nihonantiquaire.com) in Paris, France.

To recount the history of this problem. On September 2013, I sold him a shinsakuto by Enomoto Sadahito (in which he brokered a deal for an unknown 3rd party that actually purchased the katana through him). This transaction went well and was completed with satisfaction from all parties concerned.

I had another sword, an original Japanese tanto forged ca.1570. It has a copper habaki and in shirasaya. I wanted to sell this blade as well and J.C. said that if I would let him hold on to it, that he could probably sell it for me. This blade was appraised to be worth 4000 euro…. which was the price that I wanted to sell it for.  I had trusted J.C. as I have had dealings with him in the past, and had just concluded a significant sale to him in regards to the Enomoto katana.  Perhaps this was a foolish mistake on my part, but I entrusted J.C. with my tanto and its NTHK paperwork.

Months passed and I grew concerned. I emailed him on several occasions and received an email back from him stating that he could not sell this tanto and how it was in such bad condition (as it WAS NOT). I instructed him to send the tanto back to my home address, and that is where he ceased all communication with me.

I have tried countless times to make him respond and send my property back... which he has not.  I have heard that he (Perrin) had dealings with a German auction house (referring to this Baden-Baden auction) and that this auctioneer illegally traded and sold off much of his inventory. Now, Mr. Perrin's dealings are not of my concern, but if my tanto was among the items sold off…  then Mr. Perrin is obligated to make full restitution to me... and then some for this long period of unresolved angst, stress and difficulties that this has caused.

I want you all to understand this, and if you personally know Mr. J.C. Perrin, could you please ask him to return what is mine…  as it is the honorable thing to do. You must have integrity and trust in your profession, I do not know why he violated that trust…  but, I will have my tanto and its paperwork returned to me.

Some information about my blade:

Type of Blade:  Tanto

Smith: Attributed to “Seki Kanesake”

Location/Date:  Mino Province, end of Muromachi, ca. 1570

Description:  32.3cm, hira zukuri, wild gunome midare hamon, ubu nakago, 1 mukugi ana, munmei, attributed to “Seki Kanesake” by NTHK Gokaku Paper.  In very good polish.

Thank you for listening.

Best Regards,

W i l l i a m

post-1958-0-99862600-1423491669_thumb.jpg

post-1958-0-80068200-1423491719_thumb.jpg

post-1958-0-23094500-1423491755_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..