the best bargin this month

There are several dealers that put a buy it now that is at least double the true value and then wait for a bidder to make an offer. I think that they can get offers that are pretty strong just because of their apparent unrealistic expectations.

This seller has been discussed. This specific seller hijacks photos and descriptions from items all over the net and literally doubles the ticket price. If they make the sale they buy the item from the real seller. Everyone wins.. Except the unsuspecting buyer that doesn't know how to shop around before emptying his pocket.

Edit: kind of a crooked way of drop shipping.

If you copy the link to the pics, you will see they are from a Yahoo auction. But I forgot how to resolve those links to the actual auction.

No-one mentioned that this is a stainless Showato registered in Japan? I guess that would appeal to collectors in Japan who otherwise are not allowed these swords. Someone obviously called in a favour, as this one is obviously machine made. When is the torokusho dated out of interest?

Brian

If you copy the link to the pics, you will see they are from a Yahoo auction. But I forgot how to resolve those links to the actual auction

Simply copy the link, paste it on google image search. Et voilà, you'll get the link to the original auction.

In this particular case : http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h178090523

If you copy the link to the pics, you will see they are from a Yahoo auction. But I forgot how to resolve those links to the actual auction.

No-one mentioned that this is a stainless Showato registered in Japan? I guess that would appeal to collectors in Japan who otherwise are not allowed these swords. Someone obviously called in a favour, as this one is obviously machine made. When is the torokusho dated out of interest?

Brian

Hi Everyone,

I agree with Brian R. I am very surprised to see a sword of the Japanese Imperial Navy like this being listed at auction in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if the police certificate is fake, for another sword, or is an illegal reproduction.

I would be more surprised if the torokusho (actually from the Cultural office in the Ministry of Education) was fake than it it was not. Sometimes these showa-to slip through the cracks and received a license. I have seen several over the years. It is up to the discretion of the shinsa'in at the licensing shinsa. Some have been known to make exceptions on occasion. It's Japan. Case by case.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..