Tadatsugu Tsuba

takamatsu

Hello everybody!

Today my first tsuba from bushiart arrived. It's a simple maru gata iron tsuba with a nice openwork motif. Signed with Tadatsugu (?). Size: 7 x 0,5 cm

As a newbie, can anybody tell me more about the maker (was he a sword smith or an armour maker?) and age of the tsuba? Any informations are welcome! :)

Thank you very very much for your help!

post-4569-14196869870752_thumb.jpg

post-4569-14196869880059_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I hope this the first of many :D. I agree with David N. your tsuba is the work of Umetada Tadatsugu. He would often sign his work just "Tadatsugu". I can check Haynes's Index once I am home for more information.

Hi Davids! :D

Thanks a lot for your help! Didn't expected, that my tsuba is that old. Would be great, if you can find more infos in Haynes's Index. :) Do you know in which geographical region of Japan he worked?

And yes, I also hope that this was just the first of many more... 8)

Thanks to all for your friendly help! :bowdown:

In addition to the perfect mint-state blades, tsubas and other stuff, I like items which are obviously used by their original owners. Kind of history in your hands.

@mumei: Yes, I'm just at the beginning. Actually waiting for the arrival of my first blade (a koto wakizashi) and a yari. Nice to know, that I'm not the only newbie here :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..