Feedback needed from NMB members about a sword

Rueben,

I may be remembering wrongly but someone recently was the victim of a con where a crook hijacked images from "Craigs List" and posted a fraudulent sale.

I am not saying this is the case here but please double check credentials of whoever is posting this for sale. I would hate your first buying experience to be a bad one.

Regards

Paul

Lots of Kaneyoshi from different periods and locations; you would need to compare, contrast, eliminate to narrow down to a specific school and smith. Blade looks pretty honest to me; perhaps a bit overpriced for a wakizashi (although I'm not sure what the market is like in Vancouver)?

Saw this exact blade on eBay for a long time at a buy it now price of about what this seller is asking. I would think its the same seller trying another venue. Blades looks good. Maybe try to haggle the price a little? Pay by paypal and you will be fine.

Reuben,

I would like to join in the calls for being careful because the description is not reliable. The seller writes:

.... is mounted in the original mounting with a very old iron Tosho sword guard. This blade has an oversize Kissaki (very desirable),.....

You should not believe in the 'original mounting'. You cannot be sure of that as long as the ages of the blade and the KOSHIRAE are not clear. The TSUBA is definitely not a TOSHO TSUBA, and the KISSAKI does not seem to be oversized (O-KISSAKI) as far as I can see from the tiny pictures.

Reuben,

Josh is correct about this sword having been listed on ebay. Here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/151038934472?ss ... 1423.l2649

The ebay listing indicated Mt. Vernon as the location, and this is consistent with the Craglist posting. I think it's legitimate, not a scam. But, as Jean points out, the description is not entirely honest/accurate.

Hoanh

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..