the mei that has me stumped

Stephen

Stephen,

There are a number of confusing points on this one. I can't find it either. I want to say TOMONAGA, but this does not cross check with the Meikan as a possible name. There are not enough vertical strokes, and the right half is missing an internal horizontal stroke.

Sorry.

Harry

I wonder if Nobody can help?

One of my sources said the following:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read the signature as Akinaga but there is not record of this smith in Nihonto Meikan. So not well known.

Looks like it might be koto but I am not sure. The hamon looks like suguha but this is a kasho polish so the hamon is hidden under the kasho polish. In the images a couple of place I might be seening the

real hamon and it looks narrow. But just a guess. Sorry very hard to say but this is a gamble.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someday I may give some kind of opinion.

It reminds me of (tomo), (aki), (ha), and (shu). However, each one does not make sense.

Also (naga) looks strange for its proportion, though its structure is correct.

Are there any possibilities that it was made in China?

It might be only a simbol. I just imagine sixteenth notes. ;)

I was leaning with Ha maybe Hacho... 神は賛美する...with the far left kanji being added later as the strokes do look the same as the upside down T...anyway pix i asked for were posted on the auction site with out the shot down the mune or closeup of the buffed area....so im off this one bid away if you like. Something does not feel right about this. If one wants to see the link email me and ill forward it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..