You Tube Nihonto

The interviews have been re-posted after I fixed an issue with the video decoder. New links have been added to the original post and I have added some more videos today.

Again, thank you for the feedback. Derek, I checked the Togishi Pt 1 video and the audio appeared to be fine. If one of the videos is not playing correctly, please send me the YouTube link to the video and I will look at it.

Regards,

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Lovely....That is the most detailed video if the forging process I have seen. Thanks Yoshindo Yoshihara, I feel you have reveled all your secrets so the cats out of the bag now. I'm going to make a forge and whip out some swords. Can't be that hard.. Right? After all I watched the video very carefully. Maybe I should watch it twice? Anyways, I should have a masterpiece or two in a week or so.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

May i ask what is painted on to bring out the hadori, dont know why always thought it was done with finger stones....good to learn something

Some polishers "paint" the hadori before actually polishing it, to better visualize how the final proportions and flow will look, and as a guideline.

• Like 4

Nice video; fantastic work on a fantastic sword. I can't second guess a mukansa polisher, but i think that sword would have looked great in sashikomi. PS: I just went to Namikawa to try to see how much that massive uchigumori stone would cost.....easily in excess of $600 dollars. Wish it was mine!

• Like 1