To Stand or Not

Justin Grant

Thank You Justin, K.M. and Thomas..

I have to thank this post for getting me motivated to spray paint my Standing Stand.

Here it is....

I was thinking of putting small Casters underneath the Base Plate for easy movement..

I wrap Black Towels around the shoulder/neck and the Hip area to simulate body mass.

The Stand is about 5'10" tall...

post-3480-14196849856974_thumb.jpg

NIce armor Thomas and Justin..

Here is a photo of the Rüstung Art Kabuto..

Poorly aligned and looks like it was "Home Made" by a non professional..

I sent him this photo. Waste of time.. He already got me..

and, he calls me "My Friend"... :roll:

Just beware..

Alton :)

I removed his name.. I now thought it was not good to do..

post-3480-14196849858501_thumb.jpg

Yup. that is Rustung for you. He has been stealing images for years now.

Ebay is not always up to specs and surely has hypocritical double standards

Originally posted a link to concentration camp stuff Ebay sells without any problem,

but not useful in this discussion anyway since we all know Ebay is a dishonest place.

KM

Ken Kata,

We all started collecting at some point, and most collectors are not experts, over the years we gain knowledge by handling and reading on up on the subject. I've been burned a few times buying what transpired to be modern.

The ebay armours are what they are, no one will sell you a decent armour at a low price, the sellers do show photographs that are not what they sell, that's fraud and deception, you should have requested a refund via paypal.

As for the standard, like you said, it's all you can afford, so please don't feel like you have done something wrong, or that because others have real armours that you need to apologize for your purchase. Keep collecting and I'm sure the members of this forum will support and guide you.

Dave is correct. My armor above is considered by some low end, but to me, I am proud to own it and display it. I have hopes of owning a "better" set one day, but kids and other financial drains take first shot at the cash.

Enjoy what you have, let it keep the fire for learning alive and keep reading and going to shows and learn!

Dave is correct. My armor above is considered by some low end, but to me, I am proud to own it and display it. I have hopes of owning a "better" set one day, but kids and other financial drains take first shot at the cash.

Enjoy what you have, let it keep the fire for learning alive and keep reading and going to shows and learn!

I've been working a daimyo quality armour today, I was sitting there looking at around 10 suits and it really occurred to me that what collectors see as being real samurai is nothing more than pure extravagance and snobbery. Admittedly they are beautiful works of art. But Okashi, Ashigaru, low end armour is what is real, these are the suits that saw action in the field. I have 4 very high end Daimyo grade guskou in my collection, the last two armours I purchased were low grade.

Dave , guys,

Thank You gentlemen... for your comforting words.. :)

So Dave, you "work with" and collect Japanese Armor?

So satisfying...

Dave, can I come over to the UK and do my Apprenticeship with you? :D

I recently watched the NHK channel's Horses of Fukashima, where, they have their Samurai Katchu and Horse Parade..

Was really sad and tragic that so many lost their Armor and other irreplaceable Treasures during the Tsunami...

Sorry to get off track from the original post... :bowdown:

Alton :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..