SAD DAY IN THE HOMESTED

Thanks Josh and Brian, Chris or one of my friends in Japan.? I have been asked a question which i can not answer. Being the blade does not have a stamp and not a name of smith would importing it into Japan be a problem? would they kick it back? Thanks for any help any reply will help not just above questioned.

KM,

Reserve is met, if i dont get the response from buyer that calms my fear, ill just not send it and return any moneis, ill just be out listing fees. did cancel one 3000$ bid because bidder has zero feedback and just made acount. I stated in auction that i reserve the right not to sell to China, then this moring i get four different bidders from there, i smell a rat...or its just me, top bidder now has good history of buying Guntos, might be a market for them over there huh?

Hey Stephen, no you smell a rat with the zero feedback bidders and I am in full agreement with that.

I never sell to China, only buy from it (mainly Hong Kong), but those are toys etc. No Japanese things.

The only seller on ebay concerning Japanese armor and other things I remotely trust is baiguixiu.

Last week I got outbid on an item by a 2 feedback bidder who had 40% dealings with the same seller.

Wrote the seller an email that I did not like shill bidding and would not bid anymore on his item.

No response, of course.....

Be careful please.

Check their feedback and also if the feedback comes from any European or other seller/buyer.

And by checking I mean, check the comments, who made them, when, what item as well as

the people who gave feedback.

KM

If I had a Chinese bidder that has a history of buying and therefore appreciating Gunto and he can afford my price, I don't think I'd have a problem selling to him. Not like they are buying these to copy them...there are Chinese Nihonto forums and I guess they have a right to collect nice stuff too. They say that China has the world's fastest growing upper class. But I would make sure they accept my rules about shipping and what happens if it doesn't arrive.

Brian

Brian

agree, like stated if he has history of buying like item ill not hold back sending and hope he enjoys it for a long to come. I dont fear it being coppied, they have that down pretty good and dont think they need this one. Just talking out loud to quell the uneasness in my gut. Needed a sounding board, thanks for being here.

Btw..that high bidder has bought Japanese swords from many of the big and regular sellers, and gotten good feedback, so I wouldn't worry about him at all.

Similar for the second guy. Looks like there are some serious collectors there.

Brian

Hi Stephen, Your two top bidders WWWPPK and ssyn0517 you do not have to worry about. These are great buyers and in the past two years I have sold both quite a few swords and being paid is not a question for these two. Both have Hong Kong addresses and easiest way is to send them USPS Express mail international with insurance (always about 68.00USD). If you need some more information on them let me know. Regards, John

I go by whatever Brian and John say about the top bidders, my remark was about the zero feedback bidders.

I was defrauded two times on ebay, once for 275 US$ for a kabuto by a Rumanian ring based in Italy, and once for 145 US$

for a Flak Helmet by an American.

In both cases, authorities were notified but no money was ever recovered. (this was during the early 2000's)

Therefore I am extremely careful these days.

KM

Hi Stephen,

Regarding shipping swords to China, don't do it.

If your bidders have Hong Kong addresses, then that is fine. I live in Hong Kong and have received swords shipped from the states with no problems, perfectly legal.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Best of luck with the auction.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..