A beautiful gendai Masafusa

SwordGuyJoe

All,

There are a few reasons to post this:

1. Every sword I buy from Ed at Yakiba.com does nothing but exceed expectations! I recently purchased the Masafusa from him. A bit of a flyer as I never really expect much from seki smiths (http://yakiba.com/Kat_MasaFusa.htm) and even before "cleaning" it up it was a nice blade.

2. Wow --- look at this amazing blade! This is in the heart of the "bad area". This portion of the blade is where it was in the worse shape.

post-1404-14196847942326_thumb.jpg

3. I used Woody - Who is Bob Benson's deshi to clean the sword up and do not regret it at all!

Here are all of the pics I have (before and after) that show the blade. I have no hesitation or number one, referring Ed and two referring Woody.

Amazing sword!

http://s854.beta.photobucket.com/user/S ... y/Masafusa

It certainly has the Seki shape...very distinctive...reminds me of my Seki Kanehide.

Strange...in all the years I collected "real" nihonto I was never interested in Seki work (although I had a shinto era Kanemoto and a Iwashiro line Kanesada)...but now that I have gone over to the "dark side" of WWII gendaito I must say that when one finds a good quality blade by a Seki maker, they have a lot going for them (IMHO)...good, sturdy fighting swords...made for the battlefield...(what else is a sword for?).

So I now have the Kanehide and a copy of a Sengoku Jidai Zenjo line uchigatana by an unknown Tokyo smith and I must say I am now really interested in good Seki fighting swords as collector items...so, nice to see another on NMB.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..