authentic or fake?

ChristianR

Chrisitan,

on the basis that a picture is worth a thousand words visit any of the dealer websites listed in th links above and you will see a broad range of authentic Japanese swords. Once you have seen these you will soon recognise that any resemblance this has to a Japanese sword is extremely superficial. There is nothinfg about it that is remotely right. The shape the finish and the fittings are all totally wrong.

Sorry to be so abrupt but to describe all the diffeences would take up a lot of time and space.

Regards

Paul

Sorry to read 900 dollars was spent on this sword, it is junk indeed. I am quite new to Nihonto and when I started I had no clue what I was looking at and thought blades like these could be the real thing. But buying a few books and taking every opportunity to look at good blades makes you learn at least the basics to see swords like these are not even close to the real thing.

@brannow

Unfortunately Bill you were the bearer of news that was not welcome. Often the owners of these gross fakes don't trust a dealer's word because they think you are trying to get the abomination of a thing for a ludicrously cheap price, even though you wouldn't buy such an obvious fake under any circumstances. Maybe he believes you now. :D