- Academy-award winner Jeff Bridges diagnosed with lymphoma
- Japan offers Indonesia ¥50 billion loan to fight COVID-19
- Russia ready to freeze warheads total to extend nuclear pact with U.S. by a year
- Docu Meme highlights unseen victims of coronavirus pandemic in Japan
- Australia to join naval drill with Japan and other ‘Quad’ members
- Parents convicted for 10-day hotel break while kids, 1 and 3, home alone
- Pandemic forces CEATEC tech show to go completely virtual
- Former top Japanese bureaucrat accused of murdering son pleads not guilty
- Suga in Vietnam: Talking about China without naming it
- Sumo elder criticizes China’s ban on Mongolian-language education
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'nagamaki'.
Found 1 result
Dear all, I am looking for a Japanese sword in good condition (with its original dimensions, thus not over polished) from the Bakumatsu period along with its original koshirae. I need a textbook example, that is to say that the nakago must be quite long (well over 20 cm) and the nagasa must be over 75 cm. The sword must be signed and dated between 1854 and 1864. I am not looking for a specific or well known swordsmith, just an average to good one. The sword I am looking for must have been made for real combat. Usually, those swords are found with a shallow sori can be quite heavy and rather clumsy to yield, nevertheless, some are quite elegant (both type welcomed). If you have one for sale, please contact me by PM.