Dote tsuba Auction ends 28th November

No, I couldn't read the listing.

It has a Ko-Katchushi look. But it looks a bit small, and fat. And the hitsu-ana looks original to me. I don't think many, if any Ko-katchushi had any to begin with.

Does the listing say what it is suspected to be.

I'm sure it could be made in later times to look like that. I personally like it's look. The iron is very organic looking.

Lovely in fact. :)

What does the description say?

Hello Mark,

The description says that the seller feels it is a very old piece ,but unsure.

He goes on to desribe the bones visible in the iron and how it is a tasteful piece.

The seller says it is the production of Kacchushi,Kanayama,or Syouami and that there is no mei.

Size is 68mmX67mmX4mm

Nice feel ,I would be more than happy to have that one.

Cheers

Moss

• 4 weeks later...

My impression of this piece is that it likely a Edo period Katchushi tsuba. I come to this conclusion based up it thickness, overall size, and style of rim. The dote mimi and overall thickness and small size is commonly seen in Edo period Katchushi tsuba. Just my opinion. Overall I like the tsuba. Thanks for sharing Henry :D

Yours truly,

David Stiles

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..