JSSUS subscription

I know some JSSUS members are on here and I had a quick question. I was just wondering when it was OK to send in dues for next year. I am assuming that it would be fine to send mine in for next year but just checking. Also, the newsletter this month was fantastic! Great pictures of great tsubas!

Thanks for all your hard work this year!

A 10 week long postal strike means I have not received a JSSUS or NCJSC newsletter in ages. I just hope they will arrive after the strike is over (by which time the economy will have collapsed) and will not just be thrown away. :bang:

Brian

you can pay 2015 dues anytime. You can use Paypal and Chris will note you are paid for 2014 so will know it is for 2015, if you mail a check it would help if you note it is 2015 dues but we can figure it out anyway.

Brian, for the JSS/US if you do not get them after the strike let Grey know we will figure out something to get you what you missed, especially the special Higo tsuba issue

A 10 week long postal strike means I have not received a JSSUS or NCJSC newsletter in ages. I just hope they will arrive after the strike is over (by which time the economy will have collapsed) and will not just be thrown away. :bang:

Brian

A 10 week mail strike!!?? For us (U.S.) it would mean not being able

to pay bills, etc. Therefore electricity, heating gas, phone, internet,

TV, etc., etc., would be cut off. Like you said, the economy would

collapse and anarchy would prevail. Why does the government allow

that? Dumb question; government never functions anyway at least

it hasn't here in many years - just watch the news :-( Hope your

JSSUS and NCJSC newsletters show up. Have you ever thought of

immigrating to the US? We can always use a great computer guy

here in some 100K paying start-up company. Also, no hassle about

owning, buying, selling, shipping swords, etc. Think about it.

Rich S

Oh my God it's Doctor Stein! Quick! Get him!

I'm still around, just hiding in the crowd :-) I tend to listen and learn, since

babbling on doesn't help one learn anything except the sound of one mouth talking.

Also, much of the discussion is far above my clearance level and pay grade :-)

Rich S

....Have you ever thought of

immigrating to the US? We can always use a great computer guy

here in some 100K paying start-up company. Also, no hassle about

owning, buying, selling, shipping swords, etc. Think about it.

Rich S

Rich,

Think about it????

I would do it in a heartbeat. Have wanted to do it most of my life.

But you know how hard it is to move to the USA? Would basically have to win the Green Card Lottery and the real lottery at the same time.

It takes an insane amount of money to move there, and they don't want us.

So short of crossing over from Mexico (yes, have heard that one a million times) there really isn't that option open to me. Need to have skills they want, not just be an expert in firearms.

So in short, yes...thought about it. :lol:

Brian

They aren't too tough if you have no record. Even pistols, if you follow all the rules are obtainable. We have concealed carry, but, there needs be a good reason, like diamond courier, special guard, etc. No way for automatic weapons though. It is just a matter of jumping through all the government hoops, like everywhere now I guess, except, Pakistan and Liberia and those places. John

• 5 weeks later...

If you're worried about gun laws and such come to Arkansas. When you get off the plane the first thing we ask is "do you have a gun?" If you say no we say "here. Take mine until you get settled." Automatics are a little harder. You have to get a deer hunting licence for one of those.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..