Downtime

Well, hopefully the server downtime of the past day and a half is now over, and we can get back to normality. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I spent a long time realizing how bad technical support can actually be, and had many "strong words" with people who really didn't act like they cared.

So I will be looking at moving hosts. I have 2 in mind, and will update on the progress.

I also took the board down today and am downloading a full site backup. Just the attachements folder for uploaded images is now over 6 Gigs :shock:

Should take about a day, but the forum is up now as the backup is generated already.

In the future, please bookmark this link: https://www.facebook.com/NihontoMessageBoard

I will try and use that for updates if the forum is down.

Please note that when the server goes down, so too does the email. So queries about server issues etc will only reach me once the problem is sorted out.

In those cases, anyone wishing to contact me can use japaneseswords@gmail.com

Also, note that this post will be down if the server goes down, and therefore you won't see these links at the time you want them. So please bookmark them now..not later ;) :lol:

Brian

Brian -

Yes, you should definitely be put up for sainthood.

You have obviously met the criteria of two (many more

actually) miracles.

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: for all you do for us.

Rich S

How many times does a relative Nihonto novice sitting way down South in South Africa get to chat to advanced collectors, hear about decent sales, get to know collectors from over 30 countries, get offered the occasional contribution, get to have his say, get information for free from authors, museum authorities, advanced experts and language experts....and make a difference in the world?

If you ask me, I'm the one getting the good deal here :lol:

I'm no Saint..trust me. ;)

Brian

• 1 month later...

Archived