KOKUSAI TOSOGU KAI

Gentlemen,

it may be of interest that a member of the KTK, HONAMI KOSHU-SAN, was selected as one of seven people to be designated as a Living National Treasure on July 18, 2014. As you know, the HONAMI family has a long tradition of excellence in the fields of sword polishing and appraisal. KTK is happy to learn that his significant contributions to those important fields of work have been recognized and that HONAMI-SAN has been so honored by Japan's Council for Cultural Affairs.

Hi Jean C.,

Thanks for the news. I have always wondered what the tosogu tastes of such renowned sword polisher and appraisal would be? Has he ever submitted any piece from his collection for a yearly catalog? I am asking because I have many but not all of the KTK catalogues.

Hi Jean C.,

Thanks for the news. I have always wondered what the tosogu tastes of such renowned sword polisher and appraisal (appraiser) would be? Has he ever submitted any piece from his collection for a yearly catalog? I am asking because I have many but not all of the KTK catalogues.

David,

yes, that might be interesting, but sorry, I don't know if he has a collection at all. And if he had, you cannot be sure that he wants to show off his treasures.

David,

yes, that might be interesting, but sorry, I don't know if he has a collection at all. And if he had, you cannot be sure that he wants to show off his treasures.

Hi Jean C.,

I was only referring to the yearly catalogues. I am also assuming that all contributions to the yearly KTK catalogue are voluntary by its members.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..