2013 Dai Token Ichi Extra Events arranged by R. Hughes

:D Greetings sword friends,

I hope to see many of you at the Dai Token Ichi this year. If you have time, please consider participation in either of these extra non-profit activities.....

Regards,

Robert Hughes

Dai Token Ichi 2013 Special Events

Yakatabune Tokyo Bay Cruise with dinner party (including the all-you-can -drink option)

Date: October 25th Friday Time: approximately 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.

Cost per participant: Japanese yen 10,500

Departure point: 6:15 from the Tokyo Bijitsu Club

Attendance by advanced reservation only by contacting Robert Hughes (keichodo@yahoo.com) because the minimum number of guests to charter the cruise ship is 20! The number of participants must be confirmed 3 days in advance of event as this includes a fabulous seated meal of sashimi, tempura and other treats. A reservation is a full-commitment to attend i.e. payment required. Please make your reservation by October 20th.

This is a great social opportunity to meet the who's who of sword fanatics.

Kamakura Sword Study Session and Dinner Party!

Dates: October 23rd (Wednesday)

Location: Meet at 1:45 at the west exit of Kamakura Station. Venue is a rental hall.

Cost per participant: Yen 10,000 (includes sword study session and Japanese pub (Izakaya) party. ) For those attending the sword study only, the price is yen 5,000. Extra guests for the dinner party will be yen 5,000.

Participation by advanced reservation only, made in advance by contacting Robert Hughes (keichodo@yahoo.com) Deadline for reservation October 20th, 2013

Minimum number of participants: ten

Sword Study with Nagamasa Ikeda, an expert sword polisher and sword researcher. His father was a famous sword authority with numerous book publications. Ikeda Sensei is a fun-loving guy with a high tolerance for alcoholic beverages. This study session will begin with an informal introductory level kantei session (with various levels of assistance if needed) to distinguish the five main schools and the related swordsmiths. Detailed lecture/discussion of the kantei pieces will follow. The evening meal will be quality Japanese pub delicacies.

Guys,

If you are in Japan at this time, do NOT miss either of these events.

Really. The yakatabune trip was one of the highlights of my trip (both for the company and the scenery at night) and I hear wonderful things about the sword study class in Kamakura.

Bob is to be commended for always going out of his way to organize these and running them so well. :clap:

Brian

:thanks: Brian,

I appreciate the plug and hope visitors to Japan will get involved. A lot can be learned from a serious sword study session; however, you will meet the most interesting people and hear some crazy-ass stories when large amounts of truth serum is served....so I organize two events with very distinct goals in mind.

Thanks again,

Robert

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..