How Old 2

Davis

Mick,

The signature is a bit hard for me to read, but I am guessing Toshikane. Your second picture seems to show that the boshi is a continuation of the hamon and would indicate a koto sword. Looking in Hawley, I would guess this is Toshikane in Mino, active around 1429 - Muromachi period. He signed with a two-character signature, so this would seem to fit.

Have you considered purchasing some basic books to help with your study?

Regards,

Hoanh

Chris

I'm posting some more pictures. I don't feel this blade is anywhere near the same level as the previous one discussed.

The pictures might indicate rust but there is none. Likewise it might look as though it's been scoured with wire wool but that I think is due to the course itame hada.

It's in remarkably good condition, especially as it's been carried to war and must be in excess of 500 years old - Koto. I would very much appreciate your opinion on this as I am eager to learn - is this how old it is?

Mick

post-3575-14196943526356_thumb.jpg

post-3575-14196943528655_thumb.jpg

post-3575-14196943530377_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..