Tassel

jason y

are the "baskets" (2 parts where the tassel threads attach) hard and tight or sort of loose and "squishy"? Real ones are hard and tight and usually look smaller than your picture and the fakes are a bit bigger than the original and not as tight. I am not an expert on tassels nut that is what I was told. Other than that observation they look possible but as said the fakes are getting very good

I thought that I should post a pic to show what one means when refering to a loose crown.

The top tassel is a chinese repro...............

the bottom Generals Tassel is an original.

Please note the loose crown on the top tassel.

It is hard to tell from photographs however the red colour on the repro's is more a crimson red rather than the orange red of the originals. There are also othet differences between an original and a repro that can be seen when holding a tasselo in hand.

I have noticed of late a few of these chinese repro's being sold on ebay as original tassels, both with and without swords.

Regards

Doug

http://www.guntoartswords.com

post-1446-14196932620114_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..