O tanto found

Building a presentation piece for my sons service in US Navy as a Submariner.

its going to have the look of my fantasy buy. Non traditional as it will have sub pins for menuki.

tsuka need not to have ito as black same' and black ito over gold pins to be added.

would like it to have saya in fair condition.

blade should not have major kizu and show some activity.

will not have tsuba, willing to look at ocean theme fuchi unless I find F/K match then ill pass on horn kashira.

Menuki pinspost-21-14196928256629_thumb.jpg

Lets build it for a vet!

post-21-14196928257885_thumb.jpg

I am confident that as a jarhead, you know what they say about bubbleheads! All kidding aside, being ex-navy and more over being a sonar tech, I knew a bunch of solid bubbleheads. What's your budget? I'm sure you've already considered Owari waves motif, though they can get spendy...

Let me know and I'll engage my good friend petty officer second class senior google.

yep waves on top the list esp this one in orphan F/Kpost-21-14196928323365_thumb.gif

but alas Ian is still on the hunt for its mate.

according to the Look of the Fantasy it does not have one, I will pester Ian some more ,but i think is best to get the Tanto first and build out..!! :roll:

He must be solid to live in the Twin cities, :bowdown:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not to bring back a old thread that i thought was a moot point due to me thinking it was lost in the mail ill just up date this one..

for all you without a untrained eye ...lol..... as expected a ubu mumei bizen Otanto or short wak how ever you want to look at it.

also as expected the saya was a add on as the tsuka as habaki, long road ahead as its going to have to go to polish and saya making, will use dragon fuchi and tsuka not related to sword as posted elsewhere.

cant pull out the hada will will when the sun shines again...for our study.

will be dragon tsuka and tanto tsuba with shishi dogs and flower dragon kozuka parted out on ebay soon.

post-21-1419694138193_thumb.jpg

post-21-14196941384949_thumb.jpg

post-21-14196941386534_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..