Regarding Bans

johnb

I spent 10 minutes or so on the internet and found the following articles. It seems that those eager to ban Japanese swords need to spread their net a little further. Garden shears and scissors really should be on the list too! Here are some of the stories I found.

"Machetes are becoming a major concern for Vancouver Police after another vicious attack Tuesday night."

"At 7 a.m., a man attacked a 41-year-old woman with scissors while she was trying to park her SUV in a lot near Elizabeth Street and Gerrard Street West in downtown Toronto."

"A man is detained by police in Cronulla yesterday. A home-made cricket bat and three golf clubs that the man was carrying in his car were confiscated".

"New charges have been filed against a youth who was accused last month of attacking several people with a golf club".

"Attacked by maniacs with knives, guns (and a pair of garden shears), chased and locked up by the police"

"A PRO-DEMOCRACY MP in Hong Kong was attacked by three unidentified men with baseball bats and batons after he attended a protest yesterday".

"But as they reached the bridge there, he turned around and ran towards them. He had a 12-and-a-half inch kitchen knife and demanded their property, which they handed over."

I can add that here in Italy a young man has been taken to the police station for a couple days because of a Nunchaku in his car.

This is the evidence that if somebody want to find a weapon there is no need to use a (possibly banned) sword. Just two pieces of wood and a few chainrings are enough...

"Machetes are becoming a major concern for Vancouver Police after another vicious attack Tuesday night."

When I lived in the Vancouver area during the fall of 1991, the police were investigating three murders in the Surrey area. The victims were found beheaded in a couple of parks. The police suspected that they were decapitated with a sword but could never prove anything.

But it was pretty freaky since I was taking night classes in the area at that time. :shock:

DaveF.

Every now and then, some nut goes beserk with a sword somewhere in Australia. As most people already know, Victoria already has a legislation in place. NSW, was considering something similar, but has deffered.

The problem is, if someone wants to go beserk, they can always find something.

David

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..