5 replies to this topic

#1 Drago

Drago

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

Hi,

for a couple of weeks now I have the problem that I always get logged out when I leave the site. Does anyone else have this problem?

When logging in I properly check the box that says "Log me on automatically each visit"

My browser (IE8 on Win7 Pro 64-bit) properly stores cookies and this is the only site where I encounter this problem. Everywhere else poperly works.

Thanks.
Tobias H.

#2 Bugyotsuji

Bugyotsuji

Tokubetsu Juyo

• Members
  • 4,804 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

Same here. Using Windows Explorer.

(I always get a separate 'safe log-in' pop-up from Norton offering to let me log in automatically each time once I sign up to it.)
Piers D

平常心 Heijoshin

#3 Brian

Brian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,887 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

It is always cookie related, somehow your browser is not storing the cookie. All I can suggest is clearing all NMB cookies (nihontomessageboard.com and militaria.co.za) and then try logging in again. Sometimes it resolves itself, sometimes not. Sometimes another browser works better. No idea how to fix it other than that I'm afraid. Normal browsing shouldn't have session id in links...if it does, you are not storing the cookies.
Perhaps when i can update the site completely in a few weeks and move to the newest software, it will be resolved. But a while to go yet.

Brian

- Admin -

#4 Rich S

Rich S

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 808 posts
  • LocationUS, east of the Blue Ridge

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

Brian -

I've always had this problem. My cookies hold my login for 24 hours, then I'm a guest again (which is ok as I can still read stuff and I just log in when I need to post).

NEW SOFTWARE!!!!! :-( NOOOOOOOOOOOO - things will never work right again. The board works fine now. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Rich S

Rich S, PhD, FAIC (ret)

------------------------------------------------------
The Japanese Sword Index
http://www.japaneses...com/nihonto.htm

#5 Tcat

Tcat

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • LocationBeijing / London

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:49 AM

I have sporadic issues with NMB login. Sometimes I cant even stay logged in for 1 internal navigation - whether or not I have deleted all cookies. Happens with IE. No idea why.
------------------------
Alex

#6 ROKUJURO

ROKUJURO

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationIn a deep valley

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Brian,

we have communicated about this a while ago. The problem seemed to be solved for a long while only to occur worse than before. Sometimes I have to log in twice a day, and, interesting enough, my name sometimes appears in the list at the bottom of the page although I had been thrown out!

Unfortunately I am quite helpless in computer-related things, so I had to ask my boys for help. They checked my computer and said it was not a fault on my side.

Must be an apartheid problem with Germany......
Regards,

Jean C.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq