Has anyone bought from this seller?

Some interesting items. I thought the mino kaneiwa was ok, but generally if the price is low and its coming from Japan its for a good reason.

This one was interesting. Retempered?

The buy it now price was the same as the current bid, which kind of implies the blade has a problem.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Japanese-sword-Ko ... 0026617307

The "yoshisada-seki" blade is badly rusted and the rust on the nakaga does not look right for a supposedly koto period blade. I would think this is gimei.

The "Edo period" blade looks like the boshi is broken and probably hagiri, making it worthless.

The "Kunimune bizen" blade also doesn't look koto. The rust on the nakago looks no older than shinto.

Overall, these look like very low quality swords.

DaveF.

From this seller and he was very cooperative. I asked him to submit the blade to NBTHK for shinsa on my behalf and he was happy to do so with no charge for his time. The blade passed shinsa but with attribution to a different smith from the original old kicho papers that it had when it went in. Because of this change, he never billed me the costs of the new papers. The sword was in very good polish when I received it but I don't know if it was arranged by him.

Roger

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..