why aren't the avatars being displayed?

Had this issue before, and it made no sense. After dealing with the webhosts for a while, it seemed to resolve itself, but no reason for it. :dunno:

I'll be working on it, hopefully fix it soon. It is totally random, which makes no sense.

Brian

I'm curious to see whose appears and whose doesn't.

Possible that those not appearing are ones uploaded by the users themselves..whereas the ones that people chose from the built in gallery are appearing?

There are quite a few built in avatars in 2 galleries, accessed through profile. But this would make more sense if there was a pattern to it.

I have logged support tickets, but at their mercy now. Very frustrating yet again. :steamed:

Brian

I got a new problem: whenever I try to open a forum I get the error message

Error 500 - Internal server error. An internal server error has occured. Please try reloading or refreshing the page, or if this does not work then please try again a little later.

I only could post this by going directly to this thread.

I got a new problem: whenever I try to open a forum I get the error message

"Error 500 - Internal server error. An internal server error has occured. Please try reloading or refreshing the page, or if this does not work then please try again a little later."

I only could post this by going directly to this thread.

I'm having the exact same problem. It only seems to happen when trying to open a subforum making it impossible to start new threads etc.

If you have windows 7, and maybe others, look at the top line on your computer screen.

Just after the address bar you should see a little icon that looks like a ripped piece of paper.

It is the "Compatibility view" tab. Clock it, and the page should refresh in a better mode fixing most of these problems.

Maybe.

Mark

The plot thickens.

At Sunday 06.49 UK time trying to access anything on the board by major heading produce this on a white screen (Google Chrome).

Error 500 - Internal server error. An internal server error has occured. Please try reloading or refreshing the page, or if this does not work then please try again a little later.

However entering the thread topic at head of list gives access to the thread shown but no other.

07.42 UK time all functions normal, can access via chrome or IE, all avatars showing.

Cheers

Hmm...

While I was asleep, the hosts took the liberty of breaking things further. :?

Fix one problem, break another. All the while claiming there is no real problem.

Anyways, after an hour with support....things are relatively back to normal for me. Can people please chime in and let me know if the sitrep is ok their side?

Brian

Brian.

Throughout this thread all has been normal for Western Australia. No hitches, no error messages. My system runs windows 7 and google chrome as a web browser. Can this be a connection speed prob? I know mine is at 4mb per sec on a new modem. Lower speeds gave me a load of similar connection problems a while back before I got the new modem.

Maybe not..... Just a thought.

Keith,

I don't think it was/is a pc problem. Many frequent users might have had all the avatars in their browser cache, and as long as they were loading from there, all appeared normal. For some, as they encountered new avatars or their browser cache refreshed, the new images failed to load.

At least, that is just a little bit of a theory. But every person who reports no problem just lowers my anxiety levels right now...so feel free to continue :lol:

Brian

Brian.

I wasnt considering it to be a PC problem really. The servers are I understand set to accept a certain connection speed. Damn, It doesn't really matter anyhow... Who cares what I meant? I'm a neanderthal when it comes to computer problems. :bang: But, as long as I can help lower your anxiety levels, I'll consider my contribution to be worthwhile :D

Guido seems to be having an entertaining time of it though. :badgrin: I can practically hear his arteries hardening from here. ;)

Now everything's back to normal for me. :)

P.S.: After I posted this, the avatars are gone again. :doubt:

P.P.S.: Going to a differnt forum and coming back here the avatars are visible again ... :dunno:

Yeah, yours was gone for me too. So I right click where your avatar should be, and copy the image location. Then pasting it in my browser, I enter and get a 500 error. Then I refresh, and get another error, then I refresh again, and the image appears. And then it is back again for a while.

Makes sense? Of course not.

Don't you wish you could run a forum too? :roll: :doubt:

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..