Could this be real??

Ken-Hawaii

I was just browsing eBay looking for a kabuto, when I noticed that one of the sellers has what looks to be a very real katana for sale (item #140103694274).

My Japanese isn't good enough to tell if the NHTBK papers are valid, but this could be quite a bargain if it turns out to be real. Is Thailand (or anyone else) putting out fakes that look this good?

Comments?

I was just browsing eBay looking for a kabuto, when I noticed that one of the sellers has what looks to be a very real katana for sale (item #140103694274).

My Japanese isn't good enough to tell if the NHTBK papers are valid, but this could be quite a bargain if it turns out to be real. Is Thailand (or anyone else) putting out fakes that look this good?

Comments?

The seller is a criminal. His activities have been discussed and condemned on this forum, have a look:    Nihonto Message Board Forum Index -> Auctions and Sales > you should see this - (fraudulent auctions)

Regards

I hadn't even noticed that part of this forum - thanks!

I wasn't planning to buy anything from Thailand, having traveled there enough times to know how many fake items are offered, but it never dawned on me that the seller might be using photos from someone else.... Amazing how the criminal mind works. :shock:

Actually, I'm really glad that it wasn't a fake blade! Think how hard it would be for any of us to buy a real Nihonto if it was...!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..