Ban on nihonto export from Japan?

Marius

What we *think* is pretty irrelevant as long as no facts are presented. Last thing I heard, Elvis is still alive ....

Yes, but Elvis doesn't care about nihonto ;-)

As I said, these are just rumours... I simpy wondered if there is any foundation to these...

Best regards

It would be interesting to know which dealer started that totally moronic rumor. Maybe something along the lines of "buy'em while you still can" to boost his sales.

Oh, and of course I would be royally [insert obscenity] if my article about sword laws becomes obsolete after I put all that work into it ... ;)

Mariuszk, a summary of Japanese sword laws are posted at http://www.nihontokanjipages.com/japanese_sword_laws.html.

Ken,

thanks for the link, and, of course, many many thanks for Guido's excellent synopsis of the respective Japanese regulations.

Guido, I am confident that the effort put into the article will not be obliterated any time soon ;-)

I guess you are right, thsi may be an attempt to create a sense of urgency.

Sorry for having allowed myself to be drawn into this and for having waisted your time. I shall be more careful next time, I promise :)

Best regards

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..