Familiar style of listing

This one reminds me very closely of a listing by one of our regular Japanese sellers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Japanese-Sword-Nori ... dZViewItem

A bit too uncanny. I also notice the last feedback was in 2002, and was for buying only.

Maybe he bought it from the above mentioned seller and now wants to sell it? Hmm.

Just thought I would throw it out there in case anyone was watching it.

Brian

Hmm...IF it is legit...then they did. But why would a seller use totally different styles of listing like that? Unless he used the descriptions (and style, layout and grammar) of the original listings when he bought them..then I don't think there are going to be very happy bidders in a few days.

Just a guess, and I do hope I am wrong.

Brian

I'm the sap (?) that bought the "Ancient Antique" Yukimitsu with koshirae. As you might have guessed, the sale is verrrry, shall we say, hinky, with can use Paypal/can't use Paypal, drop-shipment address with a one-way remote link telephone, and limited communication. I even offered to fly down and pick up the sword with no response so far. They don't have my money yet. I'll keep you informed

Hi (name?)

Glad to see you haven't parted with any money as yet. Did you have suspicions before you found this post?

I would say that if you choose to walk away, you have every right to, but let eBay know you are going to back out, and the reasons. They need to block this guy if it isn't legit.

Tell them you will use (your own choice of) escrow service to send payment to, and when you receive the sword the money will be cleared. The seller will give themselves away with the reply. By all means warn the second in line and possibly the third..as they will get the second chance offer.

Hope the deal is legit...but if not, then it is a good thing that some buyers are being wary and not falling easily.

Regards,

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..