Hi All, I just wanted to warn people on this board that installing windows vista can create a lot of problems with your computers function. I have spent 3 days so far updating drivers and programs to get my system running so so. Much more yet to do. A lot of software has no compatibility up-date so far, so beware. John

Yes, There are some advantages to Vista, but what a pain. I shall keep XP on my laptop which can partition two operating systems on one processor but I can't see the advantage that adding vista would be considering the problems I have had on a simpler system. John

I am on a few forums that have discussed Vista.

2 Things seem to be the most common warnings:

1 - Do NOT ever upgrade from XP to Vista without a full format and install. Just upgrading will lead to problems. Either a full, clean install, or nothing.

2 - You should be running at LEAST 1 gig RAM..preferably 2. Vista is slower than XP unless you have a really good and new machine with a lot of RAM.

Hmm..there is also a commonly mentioned third warning. Do NOT go to Vista yet..wait for a long while for them to sort out the bugs :)

As for me..this machine runs perfectly on Windows 98...so I don't have a need to even go to XP yet. I am a bit behind the times :D

Brian

PS - for those worried about us going astray..I'll let this one slide for now as it concerns most of us...but will continue to keep a lookout for those off topics as usual :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..