what do U think about this one

Geneck

Tom,

With respect mate...not only is it a fake..but it is a really bad fake. Just about everything on it is bad. If you compare it with the swords on the "Fake Swords" link above, it screams copy.

I would point out the bad aspects of it, but since there are no good ones...let's just say it isn't even close.

Brian

Guest Simon Rowson

Hi Tom,

You've got to start looking at different dealers and sites my friend!

However, keep doing what you're doing and ask the guys on the forum about any potential purchases.......I think it will save you a lot of pain!

All the best,

Simon

Russell,

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it, and everyone would make money :)

The first thing to remember is there are no $75 genuine swords out there on the internet. If a sword is under $200, and has no bids..then it is fake.

You need to look at a few genuine swords. Don't have to be the best swords out there..just some original ones, and the fakes will begin to stand out clearly. Go to a museum, and post your location to see if there are any members near you. Read the links pages above too. Pay particular attention to the kissaki (tip) and the nakago (tang) as this will give them away 80% of the time.

Lots of time, lots of patience. Mix with a bit of luck, and you will fine. Don't give up, and feel free to ask for opinions as you are doing.

Regards,

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..