Wakizashi attribution

Nostro Titus

Hi all.

I have been wondering about this one for a while.

It has a nagasa of 45cm, kasane of 5.5mm, relatively low shinogi, low iori-mune and the thickness of the nakago pinches in quite visible at the habakimoto.

It's surface was badly scuffed but hamon is a very narrow suguba(apparently due to a lot of polishing since it has lost it's shape at the area above the hamachi) and no nie are visible, so it seems to be in nioi deki. The boshi is completely obscured and the area just above the mei is slightly depressed and covered with haphazard file marks not conforming with the yasurime. The grain seems quite rough with many slag inclusions.

For the moment I was tempted to say kazu-uchimono but also Kanabo school (in A connasseur's guide to Japanese swords their word was described as having relatively low shinogi but other sources differ on that point).

Anyone willing to steer me in the right direction?

Nostro

post-85-14196733583277_thumb.jpg

post-85-14196733584473_thumb.jpg

post-85-14196733585002_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..