Question on a Hizen signature

Martin

Hi all,

Here is a blade signed "Ichi Hizen Dewa (no) Kami Fujiwara Yukihiro".

Could anybody please help me to find out if this is the signature of the 2nd or 3rd generation Yukihiro?

What I also saw is that the last Kanji on the pictured Nakago and the signature on the paper seems to be different. The written Kanji seems to be "Yuki Naga" in contrast to the picture that reads "Yuki Hiro".

Any help with this will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

post-50-14196736115896_thumb.jpg

post-50-14196736116641_thumb.jpg

Martin,

From what I can see on a quick look, it appears the nidai was the only one of the Hizen Yukihiro who signed that way. 1st & 3rd signed, Ichi dewa no kami Yukihiro. 2nd signed, Ichi Hizen dewa no kami Yukihiro. Note they all signed other ways as well, these examples only represent their mei where "Ichi" was used.

Hope this helps.

Ed

Hi Ludolf,

that´s not a game for me, no.

I just want to get some additional opinions as the papers don´t tell anything about the generation - and where else if not in this forum would I have a better opportunity to get some profund and "expert" opinions?

But many thanks for the helpful opinions from the other members ;)

Martin

Stephen,

I certainly also asked Fred first as the Hawley doesn´t give any definite confirmation on that signature.

And my question in the forum wasn´t intended to show any kind of suspiciousness towards Freds information (sorry if I left that impression). It´s just that I want to collect some additional opinions like I said as I do not have access to a big Nihonto library.

cheers,

Martin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..