Private mail question.

Hi Henry,

It is my understanding that when they are sent, they show up in the person's inbox..but will only show in your outbox until that person reads it, and then it changes to sent.

So your outbox shows messages that are not read by the recipient yet, and when they read them, they show in your sent box.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Brian

• 1 year later...

Actually you're right about people not reading their mail. I suspect the problem is you only know you have mail if you go into your profile. Unless I'm missing something, which is quite likely! :freak: I noticed I had a message unanswered from August!! I felt awful for not responding.

JohnB

Ah John,

New pm's are not easy to miss :)

The problem comes in when you block all pop-ups. The forum has a popup that tells you you have a new pm. Since the forum doesn't have any other popups, it is safe to allow popups from this site (militaria.co.za and nihontomessageboard.com) and you will then get the notifications.

Also..each style has a way of telling you that you have a new pm. Some have a message next to your profile saying "1 new message" and the Nihonto style has the "private messages" button glowing bright red (or orange?) when you have new messages.

Lastly, in your profile, "notify me of new private messages" option will email you if you have a new pm.

So there are 3 indicators of new pm's. If you still miss them, then :dunno:

:D

Brian

Archived