fuchi / kashira

raaay

Hi Ray, I'm not a fittings guy per say but like them all the same. These are nice fittings. The second sets' kashira has that Higo look I've seen before. What I have noticed and wanted to comment on is that it seems to me the 2nd and 3rd sets seem to show a different workmanship between the fuchi and kashira respectively. The 1st and 4th seem an original pairing though. Did you sense this? John

Hi John ,

I hope the observation you have made is more than likley caused by my bad photos !! they are enlarged and not showing them at their best

and do not show their true colours ETC.

the one with the tigers came with a wakisashi with the ito falling a part

so in the middle of rebinding the tsuka, and now that you have pointed it out ! off them all , i can see what you mean with them [ thanks ]

the rest off them all came as matched sets !!

thanks john

ray.

Hi Ray, The higo set has different surface technique though they match well and may be an original set but they are diferent. The tiger set has the fuchi with takabori and kiniroe on a nanako ground whereas the kashira has a toad skin? (photo) ground with a kebori (fine line) carving. This one I think was matched post forging. Just the way they present to me. My 2 cents. I'm sure we'll hear more, hope!! John

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..