JSSUS Sue-Koto Set.

Carlo Giuseppe Tacchini

As Brian was so kind to find fo me a copy of Fujishiro's set here, I would

like to partially repay the friendship posting something about the above mentioned set that I've received 2 days ago. I know Brian has already ordered his own set and a full, better detailed and more knowledgeable description will follow by him.

I simply post the very basics :

dimensions 21,5 x 14 (16,5 with binding rings)

vol. I first section 184 pages, second section 203

vol II first section 211 pages, second section 94

303 blades and signatures Oshigata !

50 bucks + shipment at Harry AFU Watson site. Recommended.

They look this way :

Vol. I

suekoto1rn2.th.jpg

Vol. II

suekoto2jt7.th.jpg

Cheers and sorry for my english.

(ciao Brian!)

• 4 weeks later...

I received my set a while ago, but haven't had the time to really study it in depth yet.

But I can confirm that the set is a bargain at that price.

Carlo has been good enough to post most of the pics and info, but I can verify that is is filled with great oshigata and info, and for a ring-bound set..it is very well done. The paper is good quality and for the most part the pics have been well reproduced. It is easy to negotiate throughout, with good indexes.

Each volume is in 2 parts, for a total of 4 sections.

It is divided up by roads and provinces, and then schools/smiths.

Each smith has an exerpt from the Nihonto Meikan.

There is plenty of info, oshigata and even some colour illustrations.

All in all a great publication that belongs in any Nihonto reference library.

Brian

just one of the many efforts of the Jss/Us ...........it's " end " was predicted by a few but through the support of members it's doing well.

As a new ( not young ) director of the organisation I can say our newsletter is not up to par ( yet ) as the Northern cal. club but it is now on time and rapidly improving........... it can do better if members are willing to submit articles.

The book set is priced at cost and future printing is planned if the demand is there.

Please join the JSS/US while you are in a somewhat good mood ( because of this great publication ).

Thank you.............

milt THE ronin

I don't think the JSSUS newsletter is behind the N. Cal. one at all.

Yes..they have some nice colour photos in theirs, but I find the info and articles in the JSSUS newsletter are superior. Both are wonderful publications, and I don't think I would give up either.

Both do an outstanding job, and for the price...collectors should at least be a member of one...preferably both.

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..