Screen resolution and scrolling

What screen resolution are your currently using?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What screen resolution are your currently using?

• 640x480
    • 800x600
    • 1024x768
    • 1152x864
    • 1280x1024
    • Not Sure

Hi all,

I am looking into the site layout and general presentation, and would like to take a quick survey of what screen resolution most of you use?

1024x768 shows full screen with no scrolling needed, while smaller screen resolutions might need scrolling to view the whole page. If you are not sure what your resolution is, right click on your desktop and select settings. The sliding bar should tell you what resolution you are currently on.

Thanks,

Brian

not sure about the size of resolution I am currently using, that's not an issue.

My problem is the color of the side scrolling bar, the color shown is very light grey on white background making it very hard to use/see...........

can one change the color of that or we need the Despot to do that ?

Milt O

not sure about the size of resolution I am currently using, that's not an issue.

My problem is the color of the side scrolling bar, the color shown is very light grey on white background making it very hard to use/see...........

Milt O

That might be your browser Milt, mine is a rich blue over white, and very easy to see.

Cheers

Rich

I understand the Bungo's problem about the scrolling bar. The color of the scrolling bar on the right side of NMB page cannot be changed, even if I change the property of Windows. The color looks very light blue and white. I think the color of the bar is controlled in the NMB design.

Milt O

That might be your browser Milt, mine is a rich blue over white, and very easy to see.

Cheers

Rich

The scrollbar color is very difficult to change in .css code apparently. I'll be looking into it. Firefox has no problems...I think this is only in IE that the colors are close. But why not use a mouse with a wheel? I just roll the wheel to scroll...haven't had to use the scrollbar in ages. :)

Who knew running a forum would force to me to learn coding. Argh.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

You know me, as simple, old style as possible.

800x600, no graphics, b&w (no color except links), no Javascript

Did you poll really end in Sept 2006??? :-)

Don't recall if I mentioned it before, but if you turn off javascript

on my geocities site, you will not get any ads, popups, etc and

the pages will be full screen. :-)

Rich S

Don't recall if I mentioned it before, but if you turn off javascript

on my geocities site, you will not get any ads, popups, etc and

the pages will be full screen. :-)

Rich S

You can leave javascript on here, and still no popups, ads etc. 2 Years and still ad-free :lol:

Scrolling only by necessity. I am 800x600 at home, and 1280x800 on the laptop.

Oh..and yep, this thread is indeed 2 years old :D :lol:

Brian

Rich,

Not to sweet talk you or anything (I think you are well past those days :lol: ) but that is a real compliment coming from the person who has THE single best English Nihonto website anywhere in the world :beer:

(Oh..and of course who gave birth to the original NMB ;) )

You should publish your website oneday, it would make a really fine book. :)

Brian

Brian -

Thanks, you are too kind. But why publish something (which is a pain

in the arse and expensive) for something that folks can get for free?

Anyone is free to copy my site FOR THEIR PERSONAL USE -but not

for publication on the web or in any other form without permission. In the states that is considered part of the fair use doctrine for copyrighted material. Actually that is the easier way to go, since you don't have to be concerned with the site actually being offline due to bandwidth, etc.

Rich S

Brian,

Maybe it's a good idea to reopen the poll and let it run for a longer period in time. Especially given the holidays and so on. That way you would get more representative figures.

Personally I'm running 1280x1024, like most 19" TFT's.

Dirk,

It's not all that necessary anymore. I used it in the beginning when I did the layout of the forum and checked to make sure it displayed ok for everyone. Now 2 years later, I am pretty sure it is ok for most, and don't want to recode the entire layout. That cost me most of my hair as it is. :lol:

Brian