Good US dealers? Looking for Shin-Gunto.

golfdom1987

Try the Collectors Armoury in Culver City, CA

11048 Washington Blvd, Culver City, CA 90230

213 - 558-3952

I don't know if they have a web site --- never looked for one. If your are not familar with So. Cal they are in the Los Angeles area not far from Santa Monica.

Nice people.

Doug e

OK, did a quick web search --- my business card for them is old --it's been many years since I went there -- now at 11050 Washington, ph area code now 310

no web page that I could find, but they are NOT associated with the one in Virginia with the same name, as far as I know.

Good gunto hunting

Doug

Did a search through the forum, but didn't find any hits. Any good dealers in the US who have a selection of nice Shin-Gunto for sale ? Thanks.
If you have an idea of what you are looking for you could post a wanted add on this board, there are probably a few people here who have some gunto for sale but have not listed them yet.

Thanks for the replies everybody. I'm a novice at this, and I am still researching the various kinds of Japanese swords available. It seemed to me that Shin-Gunto provided good value and are very interesting as military collectibles. I'm sure there are myriad opinions on this (which is what makes collecting interesting). I really haven't decided exactly what kind of Shin-Gunto piece I'm going to purchase yet, but thanks for the URLs and contacts.

Before thinking about a purchase it might help to do a little research and have some info available so you are not relying solely on what the person you intend to buy from is telling you. Here are a few links..one sword term glossary and a couple of links with gunto info. You should decide how much money you can afford to spend and if you want a traditional blade ( nihonto) of just any ww2 sword including machine made blades, if nihonto then and old blade in a ww2 mount or a blade made for ww2. There a lot of variables.

http://members.shaw.ca/nihontonut/glossary.html

http://ryujinswords.com/shostamp.htm

http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~t-ohmura/gunto_070.htm

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..