Display peices

Hi all. I just bought my first home in No Cal, and want to have a display katana.

Now my question for you all is:

What do you use for a display katana? Do you use somethng traditional? Or something fake? I would prefer something more traditional, especially the mounts.

What are your opinions?

Thanks everyone

Leroy

Guest Simon Rowson

Hi Leroy

Regarding your question:

What do you use for a display katana? Do you use somethng traditional? Or something fake? I would prefer something more traditional, especially the mounts.

This is a little like saying "I want to buy a nice picture to hang on my wall. Do I buy a print from my local Wal-Mart or do I bid on a Picasso at Sotherby's?"

I honestly don't mean to sound like a complete smart**se, but it really comes down to what you personally like having on display and what you can afford.

Many modern repro's are referred to as "wall-hangers" because that is what they intended for and these are probably the best option if you simply want a nice conversation piece that is non-lethal and won't break your heart if any burglars pay you a visit!

Best wishes,

Simon

You could always buy something (if you have the money) that comes in shirasaya with separate koshirae, and display the koshirae with tsunagi, and keep the sword safe elsewhere?

As mentioned..this is a personal choice. I don't think I would display openly a nice piece though.

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..