Kantei form

Martin

Hi,

I am looking for a Kantei form where the specific features of a sword are already prepared and listed and just have to be ticked or filled out.

Maybe there is a kind of template one can download somewhere.

I once saw it somewhere but don´t remember where...

I hope I could make myself understood :roll:

cheers,

Martin

Hi Steve,

thanks for your comment.

"Worksheet" was the term I was missing ;)

Your link shows worksheets used by the NTHK.

What I once saw was a worksheet where certain parts to be "kanteyed" ( :) ) - for instance types of Boshi, Hada, Hamon etc. - were shown by pictures that you just have to tick. It looked very professionally made.

Any ideas?

Haven't seen anything like what you describe myself, but it sounds like what seems to be in the booklet "Judging a Japanese Blade" by Yasu Kizu.

Anyone have this book who would care to comment? I'd be interested in finding something like Martin's describing myself. Considering buying this. I'll let you know what it's like if I do. It's available at http://www.satcho.com, 17 pages for $4.95.

Hi Martin,

The most complete worksheet is probably the one published in Dr Stein site :

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Esteinrl/swrdinv.htm

As for frames ready to welcome pictures, the easiest way is to make a copy of the related picture and paste it in the worksheet.

BTW, it is the best way to have an exhaustive information on a sword.

Now, IMHO, about kantei features, they generally are true for the 3 first swordsmith generations after that too much deviations.

eg :

- a soshu hitasura blade "kanteied" to Muromachi Tsunahiro, it is in nioi ....... (the kantei points here are the numerous crescent tobiyakis)

- I have also a fantastic healthy end of Kamakura Osuriage Enju katana (kanteied "Enju" by NBTHK) and I am still wondering why because it has all the Rai kantei points and none of the Enju ones (according to the books) : no misty kitae at all ...

:shock:

When entering in kantei session, remember that (at 98%) blades exhibited are from the top first masters.

Remember the article written by late Jim Kurrash "kantei is easy" .... I have seen the same Osuriage blades get different kanteis by NBTHK or NTHK, or by both and each time with very convincing demonstration.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..